Thursday, November 20, 2008

Life Last Week

Well last week was a full one for sure.

Tuesday I spent seven hours at the hairdressers getting a perm that had about four hundred rods in my head. It was an exhausting ordeal but Im now as curly as a lamb.

Wednesday I worked on the boat, then off to do 3 massages

Thursday morning we got up and the sun was shining, the sky was blue and I couldnt face one more day on this industrial dusty island.I kidnapped David from his zillion and one chores and we went on a road trip.

We started with eggs benny brunch then headed up the road to Squamish ( on the sea- to-sky highway midway to Whistler, the sight of the 2010 Olympics)I haven't been up that way in years and had forgotten how beautiful this province can be.It was a splendid day, no traffic at all and gorgeous views of snow capped mountains, lush forest and dazzling sea scapes.

We checked out a cool marina in Lions Bay, where all the boats are kept out of water in a three story covered hanger. When you want to go out, they grab your boat with a forklift, put it on a trailer and have it launched in ten minutes. Nice setup,no docks to worry about, no damage to boats in the water, no worries about sinking boats ect. All nice and neat and protected.Stacking them three high made optimal use of the space as well. I was very impressed. David wanted to check out the area up here for some water space to put his houses for the olympics with the idea of renting them out as accomadation.

We then made our way to Brandywine Falls for an ozone fix.My lungs hadn't felt that good in months.I could breathe all the way down to my toes, sweet fresh moutain air, got to love it!. Spent a little time tree hugging and soaking in the greenery, then it was off to Squamish.

Brandywine Falls

We found the slough where they moor their boats. Its totally gorgeous,tucked in beside the Chief mountainside.I could live there!

On the way home we stopped downtown to visit Davids friends at their new tattoo shop they just opened. I havent been on Granville street after dark in about 20 years.Felt like a teenager again. I forgot how vibrant that part of town is. So different from Richmond that rolls up its streets at dusk.

One of the tattoo artists had air-brushed this very cool painting on the shop wall. Its a little on the evil side but I thought it would be cool to do something like this on my hull.Just not the image I would chose for myself, but love the effect.

Friday I spent installing some boards on the boat and did some massages in the evening,not getting home until alomost midnight.

Up early Saturday morning and spent the whole day working on the boat.A quick shower and it was off to a friends house for one of the best jams Ive ever been too.
Awesome music going on in three different rooms. Didnt get home from that until 2 am.

Up at 8am for a full day of massages at the clinic on Sunday. Got home around 8:30 pm and was curling up in bed ready to call it a night when we got a frantic call saying Davids Tugboat was out in the middle of the river.

We raced down to the docks to find that a hundred foot section of concrete dock with the tugboat tied to the outside had been hit by a huge deadhead tearing it away from its moorings. The current was roaring as it was a 13 foot drop in tide that night and we couldnt do anything to pull it in. With no choice but to wait for the tide change all we could do was attach a mechanical come-along to a rope and tie it off to hold all it in place. Too scared to leave it and sleep, we spent a long night watching and waiting for the tide change.It finally started to shift around 4:30 in the morning.We then spent a grueling three hours pulling it all back in and getting it properly secured again.

Eight am and we finally crawled into bed, wet and exhausted.Slept pretty much the whole day away.Ordered take out food for brupper ( breakfast,lunch,supper), then it was off to do a few more massages.

Tuesday was another full day of work, nine massages.Then it was off to the other side of town to buy myself a new laptop. My old one finally hit the floor one too many times and died on me last week. Came home and spent several hours downloading software until I couldnt see straight anymore.

Yesterday was a day of a zillion errands, all over town.Hardware store, gorceries,drugstore,4 computer shops,the water store, laundry, dishes and a home cooked meal, then back to work for another 3 massages.

Whew Im tired just writng about it all.Time for a break, ...haha ya right.David is barking at me to get up and get busy.Sigh we go again!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

The marina near Chief looks idyllic! What an awesome place to be. Thanks for sharing the road trip ~ I love 'em!