Monday, October 29, 2007

Let There be Light






I was looking on Craigslist the other day for an electrician to come take a look at things here. I had David move a light switch and light in the bedroom, but when he hooked it backed up , it kept blowing the fuse.I also had a ceiling fan I wanted installed and wanted someone knowledgable to take a look at my wiring in general.

I answered an ad and talked to Ian ,who came over early Sunday morning to give me an estimate on things. Well one thing led to another and before I knew it he was fixing and installing everything. He did a great job, The ceiling fan is awesome,although I had bought some stain glass shades for it that didnt fit. Too bad, I dont much like the look of the shades on it, a bit industrial looking for me. The bedroom lights are working fine and I now know that I have current backfeeding into my other shore line ( not a good thing). I will have him come back some day to find the short in the system and get things rewired properly so I have my shore power running through my fuse box.

I spent most of yesterday cutting firewood with a skillsaw. It was left-over 40 foot strips of wood from David, who was handmilling huge boards to put stringers in his floors. My stove is round and tiny, so I had to measure the max length I could fit in it and take a marker to the boards to cut them all the same. The boards were thicker than the saw blade, so I had to do 2 and 3 cuts for each small piece. What an ordeal, my elbow tendons are on fire now and realistically, I only have enough wood for 2-3 days. There has to be a better way..... Apparently my stove is a coal burning stove but I cant find a coal salesman in the valley to save my life.

David and I attended a nice Halloween party at Dianas on Saturday night, I was an angel, he was the devil. Good music, food and company. It was great to get off the Island for a night and get away from all the reno's and stress.

No comments:

Followers